If you have a passion for surfing, you like spending your holidays in the ocean and surf the greatest waves. There are many places where you can surf. Where are the best surf spots located?
6 picks about the world's best surf spots
1- Banzai Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii
The best surf spot in Hawaii is at Banzai Pipeline or Pipe, which is located in North Shore of Oahu. Oahu is known as The Gathering Place.
- Pipe is famous for its reef break. In other words, the huge waves from the ocean break once they reach the reef.
- Pipe can be notorious for unexperienced surfers. Even so, Pipe is the hub of more experienced surfers who can tube ride on the large hollow, barreling waves.
2- Papara, Papeete, French Polynesia
Papeete is a beautiful island in the French Polynesia. It is a popular destination for surfing and hiking.
- The paradisiac Papeete is endowed with several mountains and waterfalls. It is renowned for its beautiful landscape.
- If you are looking for the best spot for surfing, you should go to Papara, which is located in south Papeete.
- Papara city is a popular touristic attraction. It is renowned for having the greatest waves which can reach 10 feet high.
3- Siargao Island, Surigao, Philippines
It is located in the Bohol Sea, in the southeast of Manila.
- Siargao Island is in the Province of Surigao del Norte, in the Philippines.
- Siargao is the hub of more experienced surfers, who like to venture in strong waves and reef break.
- When going to Siargao Island, you can admire the beauty of the panoramic white sandy beaches, and develop your surfing skills in the most dramatic waves.
4- Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
It is among the greatest surf spots in Bali, Indonesia.
- Uluwatu is also among the most popular meeting places of surfers from around the world.
- Uluwatu waves break into five series, particularly, Bombie, the Peak, Temples, Outside Corner, and Racetracks.
5- Cowaramup Bombora, Gracetown, Australia
It is the best surf spot in Western Australia.
- Cowaramup Bombora or Cow Bombie is located in Gracetown, Australia.
- It is a popular surf destination for its big waves and surf break.
- The first break is more than 50 feet high.
6- Mentawai, Sumatra, Indonesia
The Mentawai Islands are located near Sumatra Island. The Mentawai Islands consist of four main islands and several smaller islands.
- The four main islands in Mentawai are popular destinations for their several surf spots and surf breaks.
- You have to sail by boat in order to get to the surf spot.
- Macaroni is the most popular surfing spot in Sumatra, Indonesia.
Surf in the best spots in the world
To travel to the best surf spots in the world, you can make your flight reservation online through a travel agency. Online travel agencies like Opodo help you make travel arrangement and book your flight to the best spot where you can enjoy surfing. Book your flight early on Opodo's website and get the best deal for your flight. Furthermore, it can help you find the most suitable accommodation which matches your budget and taste.